1 Leaf iceberg lettuce, shredded
1) Make your Russian dressing. The ratio that I use is 1:1:1/2 Mayonnaise: Ketchup:Mustard. You want the taste to be creamy from the mayonnaise and tangy from the ketchup, with just enough mustard to cut the sweetness of the ketchup. Add relish and Worcestershire sauce to taste – be careful with the Worcestershire sauce, because you don’t want the sauce to be overtly salty or fishy, just vaguely meaty and umami. I always use a splash of white wine vinegar to add a degree of sharpness to the dressing, but that is totally optional.
2) Turn a skillet on medium low, and spread the Russian dressing on both sides of the bread.
3) Put the bread in the skillet. There will be smoke, don’t worry about it(Also, your bread should be covered in dressing. Ignore my haphazard effort).
4) In about 3 minutes, or when the bread is crisp, flip it.
5) Top the bread with tomatoes, onions, cheese, and peppers.
6) Put a lid on the pan, and in 3 minutes, or when the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp, remove it from the pan.
7) Lay the iceberg lettuce on half of the bread.
8) Cut the bread in half, put both halves together to make a sandwich, and enjoy with additional dressing for dipping.
That’s what she said.