And also, she doesn’t appreciate reality tv. Weirdo.
But, she does have a few dishes that she calls her own. Most of them involve cans of prepared food and scary amounts of ranch dressing and ketchup. But one of them is a really delicious potato recipe. These are as crispy as homefries but with fluffy and creamy insides. Cheap, tasty, and easy.
No ranch dressing required.
Crash Hot Potatoes (Adapted from The Pioneer Woman)
1 lb. small red, white, or Yukon gold potatoes
1 bunch rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
1) Submerge the potatoes in water and boil them until a knife slides through them easily. You want them totally cooked, like you were going to eat them as is. Preheat the oven to 500 F.
2) When the potatoes come out, let them cool until you can handle them, then place them under a mug…
4) Place the potatoes in an ungreased pan, and add the herbs and spices.
5) Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the potatoes and place in the oven. They should roast for at least an hour, and up to 90 minutes. You may need to add more oil as the potatoes roast – they shouldn’t be submerged, but they do need a little lubrication.
6) When the potatoes are brown and crispy, serve.
These are every bit as delicious as they look. Crunchy, golden brown crust hides a buttery, creamy flesh. The rosemary gently sizzles in the oil, becoming crispy and woodsy. Mix it up by laying onions underneath the potatoes to roast and turn sweet, or by jazzing up the seasonings with cumin or hot pepper flakes. The potatoes take awhile to make, but they are so very worth it. Delicious with steak or chicken, or even with eggs in the morning.